About the Book
Book: Halloween Hi-Jinx
Author: Annee Jones
Genre: Clean Cozy Mystery
Release date: October 14, 2022
Jinx the cat has a bad reputation for always being in the wrong place at the wrong time – and this Halloween turns out to be no different….
His former owners called him “Cursed” – blamed him for their troubles that began occurring after they got him, which is reason he was turned back into the shelter. But Clarissa Lightfoot, owner of the new Cat Café doesn’t believe it and wants to help clear his name, so she brings him to the new café (doubling as a halfway house for homeless animals). – There’s no such thing as a Cursed Cat…. Or is there???
The Cat Café is hosting a costume party fundraiser for Halloween to help homeless animals. After the party, it’s discovered that someone stole $$ from the cash register, and Clarissa is implicated in the crime.
Someone wants her & her new café to go “Poof” and disappear – but who & why?
Can Jinx – along with handsome police officer Cody Shelton – help discover who’s playing tricks on Clarissa this Halloween?
Click here to get your copy!
About the Author
Author Annee Jones loves to write all things romance, fantasy, cozy mystery, & more. She is passionate about writing stories where dreams come true, and love wins in the end!
Professionally, Annee works as a disability counselor where she helps her clients navigate through complex medical and legal systems while rediscovering their wholeness in Spirit.
Subscribe to Annee’s newsletter to stay up to date on new releases, sneak peeks, author parties, and exclusive giveaways: https://www.anneejones.com/newsletter.
More from Annee
The story is told in part from Jinx the cat’s point of view!! 😉
Author Interview with Annee Jones
- How do you select the names of your characters? Most of my characters’ names have hidden (and sometimes obvious!) meanings. I love studying etymology of words and names of people and characters from history, literature, art, and culture. Each of my characters’ names are symbolic and purposeful, imbued with nuances of meaning.
- Favorite childhood books:
- Little Witch by Anna Elizabeth Bennett
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- A Walk in Wolf Wood by Mary Stewart
- The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Edwards
- From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene
- Trixie Belden by Kathryn Kenny
- The Three Investigators by Robert Arthur
- The Bobbsey Twins by Laura Lee Hope
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
- Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery
- What comes first, plot or characters? I often plot while I’m sleeping and wake up in the middle of the night to write down scenes and sequences.
- Authors I most admire are the classics: Isak Dinesen, Joseph Conrad, The Bronte Sisters, Dickens, Poe, Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Tolkien, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Modern high literature such as Carlos Ruiz Zafon, Louis Bayard. I love Amish fiction as well. Cozy mysteries: Rhys Bowen, Leslie Meier, Ellery Adams, Bailey Cates, Carol J. Perry, Krista Davis, to name a few.
- When I’m not writing, I love to practice Barre, yoga, & dance-based fitness (I used to be a yoga instructor and have a dance & fitness background), spend time with my daughter and family, go to church, do Bible studies, and of course read (always). 😊
Book Reviews From an Avid Reader, October 13
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, October 14
Artistic Nobody, October 15 (Author Interview)
For Him and My Family, October 15
Texas Book-aholic, October 16
Inklings and notions, October 17
Adventures of a Travelers Wife, October 18 (Author Interview)
deb’s Book Review, October 19
Locks, Hooks and Books, October 20
Beauty in the Binding, October 21 (Author Interview)
Holly’s Book Corner, October 21
Ashley’s Clean Book Reviews, October 23
Through the Fire Blogs, October 24 (Author Interview)
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, October 25
Blogging With Carol, October 26
To celebrate her tour, Annee is giving away the grand prize package of a $50 gift card and copy of the book!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.